Residential Locksmith Service
St. Paul and Minneapolis Locksmith Service at your doorstep.
Basic Residential Security Checklist
- Add a deadbolt to exterior doors which lack them. This is the absolute most valuable upgrade you can make to your home’s physical security. If you have a exterior door without a deadbolt we highly recommend you have one installed. Knobs and levers are easily forced open.
- Reinforce weak strike plates. DIY deadbolt installation is common, therefore weak strike plates are also common.
- Ensure key control. We re-key locks eliminating all old keys in existence. Your old keys are replaced with a new and different set of keys. Just move in? Which neighbors have a key?
- Have two doors and four different keys? We can get you down to one key for all of your locks!
We can drill out new holes in your door to add a Deadbolt
- We can add deadbolts to steel, wood, and fiberglass residential doors
- Deadbolts are the most cost effective way to add physical security to your home
- New locks can be keyed to match your current key
- We carry a wide selection of finish colors to match your current hardware
- A properly installed deadbolt is absolutely critical to home security. If your door was only pre-drilled to accept one lock we can drill it out to accept another. Its an affordable upgrade with a very attractive cost benefit ratio. If you have a exterior door without a deadbolt it’s a weak point. Knobs are liable fail with one swift kick from average Joe, a knob alone will only keep an honest man out. A quality deadbolt will help discourage forced entry. Often home invasion is a crime of opportunity. Don’t let your home become a target.
- Save money and secure your new home by rekeying existing locks instead of repurchasing a full set of hardware
- When a Lock is rekeyed all lost or stolen keys are eliminated
- Rekeying a lock often will improve the function of it
- Match all your locks to one easy key
- Strike plates are commonly installed incorrectly with 1″ screws
- Strike plates need to be secured to the door frame, not the door’s trim
- Strike plates are available in large sizes for increased security
- Northland can often repair door jambs after they have been damaged due to a break-in.
- Deadbolts rely on properly installed strike plates to hold the line and keep the door shut, with out the strike plate secured to the door frame the entire system is severely weakened.
See our free instructional page on how you can repair your own strike plate now!
What are high security locks?
- With a high security lock you are well protected from the most common bypass techniques.
- They are nearly impossible to pick and “bump.”
- They are highly impact resistant, difficult to drill out, and tough to pry.
- When making your purchase you can choose a restricted keyway ensuring you are the only person who can purchase keys for your locks. They cannot be copied even by a locksmith, Medeco restricts and regulates key distribution to the owner of each specific lock. It’s no surprise we see them used in prisons and high security government facilities. For those serious about home security recommend investing in Medeco deadbolts for your exterior doors.
- Medeco sells some of the most attractive deadbolts available. If your expecting them to look bulky or unattractive in some way you couldn’t be more wrong.
Call us for details on pricing, and color/finish availability.
Providing home security is easily the most rewarding part of this job. Hiring Northland Locksmith to secure a property on your behalf ensures weak points in your home-security are brought to your attention and properly addressed. We install quality products the correct way, without cutting corners. We work hard to give your home’s security, the creative edge it needs to remain secure for years to follow.